Good morning from Maine where the sun is shining and the air is cold. I had to use an ice scraper to clear my car’s windshield on Friday morning. This is my favorite time of the year to be outside. I plan to enjoy today’s sunshine by playing with my dogs at our favorite pond, Oversett Pond. While we wait for things to warm up a bit, I’ll write out this week’s list of the most popular posts of the week.
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. Socratic Smackdown – A Game for Learning and Practicing Discussion Strategies
2. MyStorybook – A Good Platform for Creating Picture Books
3. Pixabay Updates Make It Easier to Find Quality Public Domain Images
4. Mark Your Calendar for an Afternoon of Free Webinars About Google Apps
5. Piano Maestro Offers a Fun Way to Learn to Read and Play Sheet Music
6. Use Google Drive to Share Videos Privately
7. Use This Interactive Map to Discover Artifacts Used in Ken Burns Productions
Would you like to have me speak at your school or conference? Click here to learn about my keynote and workshop offerings.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
IXL offers a huge assortment of mathematics lesson activities.
Typing Club offers free typing lessons for students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
ABCya.com is a provider of free educational games for K-5.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is offers professional development workshops in Boston, Chicago, and Atlanta.
StoryBoard That is a great tool for creating comics and more.
BoomWriter and WordWriter are fantastic tools that help students develop their writing skills.
GoSocialStudiesGo is an online textbook for social studies students.
This post originally appeared on Free Technology for Teachers
if you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission.
- The Week in Review – Gone Fishing!
- The Week In Review – Make Time for Funtivities
- The Week in Review – The Most Popular Posts of the Week