TEACHER RECRUITMENT SEARCH
THE TOP 3 RECRUITMENT CHALLENGES FOR UK HEAD TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS
Low-Quality UK Teacher Candidates.
- Current methods only give you access to a limited number of UK teachers, generally those on job boards or in a current database.
- Teachers that have limited ability and experience and no continuous professional development.
- These ACTIVE teachers are normally the bottom 20% of the UK education market.
- Impacts directly on your school’s performance, exams results, team morale and sick leave.
- You receive too many poor quality or unsuitable UK teacher candidates.
- Time wasted meeting and interviewing teacher candidates you know are not going to meet your school’s needs.
- This could be time better spent dealing with current school issues, helping staff and students and leaving school on time.
Lack of Speed
- Recruitment and HR functions take weeks and months to deliver suitable UK teachers.
- Uncertain how long it will take to receive applications, and if you will receive any at all.
- Vacancies stay open for longer and sometimes are readvertised more than once, which means an increased workload on all the other staff in school. This impacts directly on the moral of the staff and their ability to perform at their best.
THE TOP 3 SOLUTIONS UK HEAD TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS NEED.
UK HEAD TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS NEED A RECRUITMENT SYSTEM THAT:
Delivers the TOP 15% of UK Teachers who possess:
- High level of teaching and classroom management ability.
- Expert subject knowledge within their specialism.
- High expectations and aspirations for both themselves, students and colleagues.
- Proven recent attainment and achievement for all students.
Provided CV’s that have been rigorously vetted:
- Reducing the Head Teachers time reviewing CV’s and interviewing teacher candidates.
- Allowing Head Teachers to concentrate on other important matters and tasks in school.
- Speeding up the whole recruitment process.
Produces UK Teachers CV’s within 72 hours:
- Provides you with certainty and control of the recruitment process.
- Time to hire teachers is fast.
- Reduces the workload of the other staff covering this position.
- More productive and motivated team.
- Increased retention of current staff who do not suffer at the lack of recruitment.
TRADITIONAL EDUCATION AGENCY METHODS
WHICH MEANS TO YOU
- Access to a limited pool of teacher candidates and an out of date database.
- Lack of specialist UK Education knowledge when vetting and pre-screening and interviewing.
- Advertise all jobs on a variety of job boards – only seen by teachers out of work or searching for a new job.
- Send over 10+ CV’s normally the first 10 to apply to the job advertised.
- Which means you access a limited number of UK teachers candidates for your vacancy.
- CV’s submitted are inappropriate to your requirements, submitted candidates lack skills and qualifications.
- Low quality candidates, ACTIVE in the job market, desperate for a new role.
- Too much of your time taken to vet and shortlist suitable teacher candidates (may as well run the advert process yourself).
You are UNIQUE your school is UNIQUE, your staff are UNIQUE, your students are UNIQUE. Wouldn’t you agree?
Why do you have a standard recruitment process in place?
You need a UNIQUE one!
Did you know in the last 2 years 1 in 8 teachers leave their job within the first 12 months of appointment. With a Staggering 4 in 10 NQTs leaving in their first 5 years! What does that do to you and your team? You need…
THE ONLY UK TEACHER ACQUISITION SYSTEM
Teaching talent at your fingertips
There is a growing shortage of teachers entering into the profession.
Figures published in 2017 by the Department for Education show the number of full-time equivalent entrants to teaching has decreased from 45,120 (10.4 per cent) in 2015, to 43,830 (10.1 per cent) last year. That is the lowest rate since the 9.3 per cent recorded in 2011.
School Workforce Census
Recruiting and retaining the best teachers is imperative. Secondary alone schools spent £56million on advertising their jobs in 2016. A freedom of information request to a sample group of schools found that the average spend on advertising to fill teaching vacancies in 2014-15 was just under £17,000 – up from £10,000 four years ago. Huge factors for you to consider in your recruitment process.
Can you AFFORD to get it WRONG?
This highlights just how important it is for you to you to tailor your process. To be different from the all other schools to attract the best teachers.
With over 18 years of experience in education and recruitment to understand and deal with what challenges you face, we have developed our Teacher Attraction System. This quickly identifies, processes and crafts a recruitment process to meet your UNIQUE needs. By working in partnership with you and guiding through your this process, we can identify and avoid pitfalls that you face.