THE TOP 3 RECRUITMENT CHALLENGES FOR UK HEAD TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS
1. Low-Quality UK Teachers
- Current methods only give you access to a limited number of UK teachers, generally those on job boards or in a current database.
- Teachers that have limited ability and experience and no continuous professional development.
- These ACTIVE teachers are normally the bottom 20% of the UK education market.
- Impacts directly on your school’s performance, exam results, team morale, and sick leave.
2. Time Wasted
- You receive too many poor quality or unsuitable UK teacher candidates.
- Time wasted meeting and interviewing teacher candidates you know are not going to meet your school’s needs.
- This could be time better spent dealing with current school issues, helping staff and students and leaving school on time.
3. Lack of Speed
- Recruitment and HR functions take weeks and months to deliver suitable UK teachers.
- Uncertain how long it will take to receive applications, and if you will receive any at all.
- Vacancies stay open for longer and sometimes are readvertised more than once, which means an increased workload on all the other staff in school. This impacts directly on the moral of the staff and their ability to perform at their best.
UK HEAD TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS NEED A RECRUITMENT SYSTEM THAT:
Delivers the TOP 15% of UK Teachers who possess:
- High level of teaching and classroom management ability.
- Expert subject knowledge within their specialism.
- High expectations and aspirations for both themselves, students and colleagues.
- Proven recent attainment and achievement for all students.
Provided CV’s that have been rigorously vetted:
- Reducing the Head Teachers time reviewing CV’s and interviewing teacher candidates.
- Allowing Head Teachers to concentrate on other important matters and tasks in school.
- Speeding up the whole recruitment process.
Produces UK Teachers CV’s within 72 hours:
- Provides you with certainty and control of the recruitment process.
- Time to hire teachers is fast.
- Reduces the workload of the other staff covering this position.
- More productive and motivated team.
- Increased retention of current staff who do not suffer at the lack of recruitment.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU AS A HEADTEACHER
1. Access to a limited pool of teacher candidates and an out-of-date database.
1. This means you access a limited number of UK teacher candidates for your vacancy.
2. Lack of specialist UK Education knowledge when vetting and pre-screening and interviewing.
2. Applicaitons submitted are inappropriate to your requirements, submitted candidates lack skills, experience and qualifications
3. Advertise all jobs on a variety of job boards – only seen by teachers out of work or searching for a new job.
3. Low-quality candidates, ACTIVE in the job market, desperate for a new role.
4. Send over 10+ CV’s normally the first 10 to apply to the job advertised or in their database.
4. Too much of your time taken to vet and shortlist suitable teacher candidates (may as well run the advertising process yourself).
How far into the market does your current recruitment process reach?
TEACHER MARKET REACH PER RECRUITMENT STRATEGY
From 20 years of Education recruitment research, we have analysed the depth for each process/strategy most Headteachers will use when recruiting.
ONLY – 24% COVERAGE
- High Volume
- Active Job Seekers
- Manuel process
- 24% market coverage
ONLY – 18% COVERAGE
- 18% market coverage
- Difficult to scale
- Hidden costs
- Thin market coverage
ONLY – 38% COVERAGE
- Slow to respond
- Lack of market knowledge
- Damages employer brand
- 38% market coverage
TAS – 91% COVERAGE!
- Data based hiring
- Improves schoool branding
- Up to x10 faster
- Proactive Pipeline of Targeted Teachers
- 91% market coverage
THE QUESTION IS … HOW MUCH QUALITY ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON?
SECONDARY TEACHERS WE’RE IN CONTACT WITH
How do we know we are working with the BEST?
Within the TAS working in the background we have taken school performance data as a KEY METRIC to the quality of teaching performance.
With this in mind, we are able to identfy the TOP 15% in any subject in any area.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
When you have a requirement, we can help you find the best teachers and engage with them, locally or nationally.
Our TAS™ system, is working now, right as you are reading this. With a proven background in finding the best teachers and engaging them.